Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

terms/privacy/and other pages... how to include?

Quote Reply
terms/privacy/and other pages... how to include?
Hi,

In line with my move to single Template System but branded as per domain (which just requires three domain specific images to be uploaded to domain doc root), i would like to have following pages in the template set so that the tags are recognized and can be called from the signup/login/logout page:

terms.htm, privacy.htm, spam.htm etc etc....

Currently when i call a page with following:

http://GM_install_domain/...omain;page=terms.htm i get authentication error. Same true for all other pages.

So the question is how do i get to call those pages (as noted above) before having logged in, or from signup page or after logout page. In fact the header_include.htm has all these pages as links on the menu placed at top. Currently i have to upload to the domains doc root. I would want it to be more generic where i just have a copy in the Template set and message customization is based on tags. Is this possible and if yes then how?

Thnx in advance....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] terms/privacy/and other pages... how to include? In reply to
Correction:

it is not header_include.htm but logo.htm template file where the links are placed to the privacy.htm, terms.htm and all other such file which i would want to be accesible but i get authentication error when i call them....

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: May 28, 2003, 6:56 AM
Quote Reply
I just had to have files like

login_privacy.htm, login_terms.htm and login_features.htm and i could successfully call them. Not clear to me though as to why this should be but it worked. Could someone throw some light on this

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
You get an authentication error because with non-authenticated page views, only certain files are parseable. If you take a look at NoAuth.pm, sub print_page(), you'll see a line which checks the filename of the file you're asking it to parse. It has to start with join, login, or error. You can either rename your file to be join_terms.htm, join_privacy.htm, etc. (preferably), or add in your filenames to the list.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] terms/privacy/and other pages... how to include? In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Thnx. I had already had renamed the files to login_ prefix and as stated it worked (just did out of "Hit N Trial" attitude of mine).

Since i am not very conversant with the pm's i normally do not touch any .pm files unless explicitly mentioned by GT staff..

Thnx a lot.

Anup