Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

question regarding speedy

Quote Reply
question regarding speedy
hi there!

i have tried to use speedy in state of mod_perl.

my only one question is; is it enough to setup the path #1/usr/bin/perl in every script to
/usr/bin/speedy ?

i am afraid, then a lot of processes like this, each program was visible:

wwwrun 7136 4.6 6.0 12260 11600 ? S 20:12 0:02 /usr/bin/speedy_backend /db2/gm/user/logout.cgi

is that okay ? or have i to setup also specific things also on the apache ?

thanks for answering

chris

Quote Reply
Re: question regarding speedy In reply to
Hi,

No that is normal. SpeedyCGI will by default have on speedy backend per process. You may just want to change webmail.cgi to #!/usr/bin/speedy and leave the rest as perl. This is the script that will get run 90% of the time.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] question regarding speedy In reply to
I tried to set
#!/usr/bin/speedy in webmail.cgi, but then this happened:

A fatal error has occured:
GT::Session::SQL (28154): Could not connect to database. Reason: DBI module not installed. You must install the perl database module DBI from: http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/by-module/DBI at /home/afire/public_html/mail/admin/GMail/Auth.pm line 233.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Whe activating #!/usr/bin/perl again, it worked. But of course without speedy. DBI module should be installed, I think it is required also for the "perl" version of the program?
Quote Reply
Re: [areh] question regarding speedy In reply to
Hi,

You need to reinstall Speedy. It is linked against a different version of perl that doesn't have DBI installed.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] question regarding speedy In reply to
Is mod_perl preferred over the use of speedy cgi or can they be used together?
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] question regarding speedy In reply to
Hi,

I'd recommend mod_perl over Speedy if you have it setup properly (where it runs as a proxied mod_perl server -- don't just add mod_perl to the main apache). We offer hosting solutions with this all setup correctly.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.