Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
problems
i have been experiencing few problems regarding msg deletion.

whenever i m purging the msg given a date it says 328 then i say purge.

after 1 minute if i come back do it again with same date it says 300 msg to be purged.

why cant it just purge all the msgs at once.

other problem is.

when i go to see users it shows all users mixed .

whereas before it use to show users accordingly given their id number
Quote Reply
Re: [aghajunaid1] problems In reply to
Hi,

refer:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...e%20messages;#216717

It would also be helpful if after purge you do run the consistency.pl script and report the inconsistencies (if any), like the one's in my case and in one other user's case (dearnet).

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

What version are you using?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] problems In reply to
thanks anup, but unfortunately i m not expert at linux.

Alex my Gmail version is: 2.0.6

also let me know if i could upgrade. as i have been using it since 1.5 yrs
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'd really recommend upgrading to 2.1.1, that will fix your problems.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

It doesn't really have to do anything with being an expert at linux. I just recommended doing what i did it after a long long time only to ensure that you do not land up in similar problems as me wrt certain functionalities of Admin. Like for example i was using the Admin/Delete/Validate utility to mass activate accounts. And to my surprise, i found that the users who were deleted using this operation were never really removed from disk although they were removed from database. I tracked this pretty early and then cleaned up the disk manually of all such users removed from Admin. Login to your shell account and check / verify what you are doing from Admin module. The Purge Messages issue is also a thorny issue. The Web Interface of Admin is not displaying anything which is there on disk. The stats are just pulled from database tables where apparently there is no problem so if you do not check for disk data you could be in for big surprises.

Thnx

Anup