Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

paypal/worldpay integration?

Quote Reply
paypal/worldpay integration?
I saw gforum has this now. Are there any plans to include this in gmail as I was looking to develop a system to do this myself otherwise.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] paypal/worldpay integration? In reply to
We're working on this right now. I'd like to give you an estimate on when it will be done, but all I can say right now is soon :)

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] paypal/worldpay integration? In reply to
Please please include 2checkout.com integration. It is a very popular, affordable alternative to systems like worldpay.

I need a system that will contact a webmail user each year, asking them to go to a page where they can reenter their card details. The page would be on my site with hidden form tags containing their user information. They'd then go to the secure checkout page at 2checkout.com to complete their purchase. 2checkout has a callback feature so a script listening on my server can detect when the purchase has been completed. Will your plugin support these features?

Jason
Quote Reply
Gossamer Mail will have support for all the methods that Gossamer Forum supports. I'll take a look at adding support for 2checkout.com, but I can't promise you anything. If we can't get 2checkout support, it will be easier for you to integrate it since we will have the payment framework added to Gossamer Mail. Yes, it will have support for the callback feature as PayPal and I think it was WorldPay use it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Gossamer Mail will have support for all the methods that Gossamer Forum supports.

Is there any documentation anywhere on what Gossamer Forum supports? I haven't upgraded for a while and can't see anything in the product info on this site?

thanks,
r.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] paypal/worldpay integration? In reply to
Here's the Gossamer Forum 1.2.0 announcement:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=243871

And if you're lazy, here's the methods it supports (and what Gossamer Mail will support):
* Moneris
* Authorize.Net
* PayPal
* WorldPay

Adrian
Quote Reply

can't wait!!!!!

fantastic addition to the feature list!

regan.
Quote Reply
Using the recurring billing - how have you implemented this exactly? With worldpay I had problems each year taking automated payments from users. Some forgot and made chargebacks, credit cards expired etc. A better way of recurring payments I thought was to send users to a page on your site where all the payment details are in hidden form tags that are then sent to the secure (worldpay) payment server.

The user has the option then of renewing or not. No automated billing as such, but they have to pay again as the scripts would be set up to suspend or delete accounts that haven't paid (after several email warnings).

Jason
Quote Reply
IIRC (as it's been a few weeks since I've been working on it), will be handled in two ways. Either you setup recurring billing with the payment service provider, or it will be a manual billing (as you have described). I don't see why the user would make chargebacks, if there is a sufficient description attached to the bill. Expired credit cards will result in account suspension, giving the user the ability to renew their account.

You should really check out Gossamer Forum 1.2.0 if you want to see how the payment system will be implemented as it will be done in a similar manner (minus things like accounts by donation).

Adrian
Quote Reply
It's like waiting for christmas. I can't wait to open my presents.

Jason