Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

nokia2280 & wap --- It Worked

Quote Reply
nokia2280 & wap --- It Worked
Hi Adrian,

Nokia 2280 worked with GM wap template sets finally but with some modifications wrt points noted in the previous thread on the subject. Just did the mod on the Compose Link and could navigate and send a message.

Modification:

<a href="webmail.cgi?<%url_hidden%>;do=email-attach-clean">Compose</a>

Was replaced with

<a href="webmail.cgi?sid=<%sid%>&amp;do=email-attach-clean&amp;t=<%t%>">Compose</a>

And all those Invalid Session Error Was Gone. Smile and i could send a test mail using the cell phone thru wap template. The rest of the links would now be modified and tested again.

the ; in the query string was causing all the problems. replacing just with & did not solve the problem either. This is reported for your information so that the same substitution can be tested on the set of emulators that the template set has been tested on.

Thnx

Anup

--EDIT--

Thnx to Charlie@Chaz once again as i had been taking lot of his time on *This Issue* also

Last edited by:

anup123: Nov 3, 2003, 5:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] nokia2280 &amp; wap --- It Worked In reply to
Hi Anup,

Great work on the debugging. Sorry I couldn't help you furthur on the debugging. I'll look into a proper fix (perhaps a global) tomorrow.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] nokia2280 &amp; wap --- It Worked In reply to
Hi Adrian,

Thnx. FYI, i had modified all the links in the templates in wap template set and the same is now working (and im sure would work on other cell phones too) fine with no problems at all. I had also tested simultaneously with deckit and klondike emulators. With the global proposed by you, do i need to restore all the templates. Global would be fine as there would be no worries wrt wap during the future upgrades.

My stint at debugging was purely iterative/hit and trial based and guided all thru by Charlie@Chaz

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian

Quote:
I'll look into a proper fix (perhaps a global) tomorrow

Chaz@Charlie had the following global for me: Say wap_escape

Code:

sub {
my $string = shift;
$string =~ s/;/&amp;/g;
return $string;
}

Then tried <%wap_escape($url_hidden)%> it gave the following

sid=xxxxxxxxxxx&amp;amp;t=wap

Still that extra amp; baffles and causes the invalid seesion error. Any suggestions of getting

sid=xxxxxxx&amp;t=wap

Actually global route would cause no headaches wrt template updates wrt future upgrades.

Last edited by:

anup123: Nov 8, 2003, 1:18 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian

Ok the following did the trick:

wap_escape

sub {
my $string = shift;
$string =~ s/;/&/g;
return $string;
}

and then the following template tag:

<%wap_escape($url_hidden)%>

gives the following for example:

sid=1142efe10f671b9f55dd163a7e0e8c52&amp;t=wap

So the ; in the <%url_hidden%> (which normally is sid=xxxxxx;t=wap) is taken care of.

However, ; further down in the query string (for example ;page=address.htm) needs to be replaced with &amp; for it to work with cell phones though the same does not cause any problem with the emulators (showing how non representative emulators could be).

So do u suggest the above to be changed in each template or is it that some better soln is there.

Currently, the wap template set has been working after having taken care of ; and splitting the <%url_hidden%> with sid=<%sid%>&amp;t=<%t%> and replacing each occurrence of ; with &amp; I am not sure about <%url_hidden%> but what else exactly is it cosisting of besides sid=xxx;t=wap.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Quote:
I'll look into a proper fix (perhaps a global) tomorrow.

It would be good to have this as it would take the headaches off during upgrades...

Thnx
Anup
Quote Reply
Sorry, but this has a lower priority for me right now. I'm currently working on getting Gossamer Mail 2.2.1 ready. FYI, it's mainly a bug fix release, but it also includes the HTML editor that's used in Gossamer Forum, but has been upgraded to also work in Mozilla based browsers (version >= 1.4). I'm hoping to get this out in the next week or so, so if you want any bug fixes into this release, let me know soon!

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian
Quote:
I'm hoping to get this out in the next week or so, so if you want any bug fixes into this release, let me know soon!

(1). AR from Yahoo Account does not display the text

(2). Message preview of large messages still has that case of preview not starting from the first character.

(3)Welcome Message after signup has the date in msgs_list_include.htm on which the message was last edited by admin and not the date on which it was delivered to the account. This is reproducible.
Say if i edited the message on 17th November 2003 then all signups after that have welcome message in that account with date as 17th Nov 2003 insted of the actual date. This is also true for the date displayed in msgs_body

(4)Preiview problem wrt HTML messages. Ideally only the text should be displayed.

(5)Admin attachment directory cleanup issue.

These are a few issues. Shall report later as observed...

Thnx
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Nov 22, 2003, 6:24 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
(1). AR from Yahoo Account does not display the text
I'll have to test that out.

[edit]After checking this out, it seems that Yahoo's auto-reply puts in an invalid Content-Type: text header (it should be text/plain). I've put in a fix for this, but it's really Yahoo's fault.[/edit]

In Reply To:
(2). Message preview of large messages still has that case of preview not starting from the first character.
Can you expand on this one?

[edit]I can't duplicate this. You'll have to forward me an email which has this problem.[/edit]

In Reply To:
(3)Welcome Message after signup has the date in msgs_list_include.htm on which the message was last edited by admin and not the date on which it was delivered to the account. This is reproducible.
Say if i edited the message on 17th November 2003 then all signups after that have welcome message in that account with date as 17th Nov 2003 insted of the actual date. This is also true for the date displayed in msgs_body
Fixed. The problem is that the email template editor is adding the Date header into the email. I've fixed it in the code, but to fix it temporarily on your side, just edit the .eml files and remove the Date fields.

[edit]Yes, you will have to do this each time you save the template, but this shouldn't be a problem since you probably won't be editing it that much.[/edit]

In Reply To:
(4)Preiview problem wrt HTML messages. Ideally only the text should be displayed.
I'll have to look into this one. I don't get html emails that often, but I have seen the odd occurrence where html is in the preview.

[edit]Same as (2)[/edit]

In Reply To:
(5)Admin attachment directory cleanup issue.
I fixed this when you mentioned this in the other thread.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Nov 25, 2003, 4:39 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,

Listing info as desired (wrt point numbers quoted above in this thread).

(2): Message Preview should start from first character and ideally ignore html codes. Whatever be the message format, the preview picks up randomly from somewhere not at the start for messge sizes greater than 30K i believe. I had noted this earlier also and you had mentioned that this is solved in 2.2

(3): Fixed. DO i have to change any code so that same thing does not happen when i edit the welcome.eml file next time thru admin interface?

(4): In earlier thread it was mentioned that this has been fixed for 2.2

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...eview%20html;#248502

But i do see html codes in message preview.

(5): What do i have to do on my copy of install? The redundant directories are still there.

Also the compose_html.htm has bugs whioch has already been noted in one of the recent threads by another user.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
See the edit's in my post above.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I looked at this today and I couldn't think of a better way of doing it. I'll be making those changes to the CVS copy.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian.

It takes care of <%url_hidden%> fine but all the ; in the query string needs to be replaced with &amp; otherwise the navigation to pages could also fail with invalid request error. Currently, i have the wap template sets working fine with a global replace of ; with &amp; and splitting the ?<%url_hidden%> into ?sid=<%sid%>&amp;t=<%t%> in all the templates.

This is FYI.

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Yup, I made those changes already.

Adrian