Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

netscape crashes

Quote Reply
netscape crashes
Netscape 4.07 crashes everytime I login to your demo, with an invalid page fault. This happens when the page relods upon login.

Quote Reply
Re: netscape crashes In reply to
netscape 4.7 had some real problems. They were so bad, that it had to be intentional by M$. <G>

The java (sometimes even java script) could cause netscape to page-fault, to blue screen, to lock windows, or just crash. The only fix I found for it was to use MSIE on windows machines.

Quote Reply
socrates,

I have tested it it in Netscape 4.06 and 4.07 on windows.
Perhaps you are on a different operating system?
If so could you let me know what OS you're on so I can
test it on that as well.

Scott

Quote Reply
Hi,bline,

Just because it works for you on your computer, doesn't mean it will work for everyone else.

Last year, one of our advertising services made a change to how they served banners. I didn't have a problem. Everyone else in the office did, and about half our visitors were unable to view our site. Needless to say, I had to quit that service.

There are problems with how Netscape handles java and certain codes on certain machines. The only way to decide if your code works is by the number of bug reports you get. Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 of the people who it crashes on, can't even see the site to send a bug report, and will not come back.

I had a really miserable time with this last year, and I'm passing this wisdom on.

Companies have tried all sorts of fixes, and the fixes work for some people some of the time.

Quote Reply
I am on windows 95. Actually it is navigator 4.08.