Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

mysql problem

Quote Reply
mysql problem
just moving servers and get this error when setting up the mysql settings

Error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6" not found at /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/DynaLoader.pm line 169.
at (eval 3) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
at /usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/zexta.com/cgi-bin/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 78

DBD::mysql is installed fine

any ideas?

Quote Reply
Re: mysql problem In reply to
In Reply To:
DBD::mysql is installed fine
Doesn't sound like it is. Did it pass 'make test' during installation? Your DBD::mysql is using a different library then your installed Mysql.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
alex,

this server has plesk control panel installed on it

www.plesk.com

ive emailed them they tell me everything fine its the script. got the same thing from the hosting company.

do i have to reinstall DBD::mysql because i dont want to corrupt the plesk installation.

what do i do now?

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Error: install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't load '/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for module DBD::mysql: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.6" not found at /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/DynaLoader.pm line 169.
It's definately a system problem. Try this:

perl -MDBI -e 'print DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:DATABASE:HOST", "USERNAME", "PASSWORD") ? "ok" : "failed"'

enter that in at the command prompt, and you'll see the same error. It means your DBD::mysql is not linked against the proper mysql libraries and is not installed properly. You should ask your host to reinstall it just in case as yes, it may mess things up if plesk is depending on it for some reason.

However, with the above line you should be able to reproduce the problem outside of the script to show your host (hate that knee-jerk response to blame the script). =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.