Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

installation and fileman

Quote Reply
installation and fileman
I just noticed that when I installed gmail v2 last night that fileman did not properly install. Has anyone else run into this problem? I did not notice any error message during installation (I opted for the web install), and everything else seems to be in the right place with proper permissions. Unfortunately I didn't think to double check the list of files that were installed during the installation process. It just now strikes me that perhaps it was really asking for the root directory that you want fileman to be able to edit, but I don't think it's clear. In any case, if the fileman script was installed in any of my webmail directories I cannot find it.

Help?

Michael

seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: installation and fileman In reply to
What is fileman doing or not doing? When I installed last night it did not include the icons for me but fileman works ok. I do have a minor problem when I run it though. The top and bottom frames come up with an error for a few seconds then the content fills in. But it does work just fine after that.

Regards
~Charlie

Quote Reply
When I hit the Fileman link on the Admin Templates page it opens a new window with 3 frames the top frame says:

Error: GMail::Admin (21500): Invalid template '/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/blank.html' requested (File does not exist) at /home/webmail/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi line 132.

The middles frame says:

Not Found

The requested URL /images/fileman/fileman.css was not found on this server.

The bottom frame says:

Error: GMail::Admin (21501): Invalid template '/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/blank.html' requested (File does not exist) at /home/webmail/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi line 132.

The error messges are correct. While the data/admin/templates directory does exist with lots of templates in it, the file blank.html is not in there. And there is no fileman/ directory in my web accesible images/ directory (where the fileman.css file apparently wants to be).

cheers,

Michael

seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
I get the same error in the top and bottom frames but the middle loads OK. The top and bottom load a few seconds later though. I tried it in NS and it does not work. It looks like they forgot to include the "icons" dir and contents into the install. I will go back and look for it in one of the beta zips and see if that fixes the problem.

~Charlie

Quote Reply
OK, I uploaded the content of /images/fileman from beta 5 and that kinda fixed the problem in NS. It still shows the error about the missing template in the top and bottom frame but they do load after the middle frame loads. email me at dev-null@dev-null.net it you want a zip of the fileman icons.

Regards
~Charlie

Quote Reply
Ok, so it looks like it should be looking for the top and bottom fileman frames at:
'/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/fileman/blank.html'

instead of :
'/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/blank.html'

At least that's where the fileman templates seem to be.

Line 432 of admin.cgi seems to be pointing to the right place for the fileman templates. This is starting to make my brain hurt.

seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
I copied blank.html from

/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/fileman/blank.html
to
/home/webmail/data/admin/templates/blank.html

and that masked the problem.

HTH
~Charlie

Quote Reply
OK, I got it working. I installed the fileman.tar.gz download that you get when signing up for the gmail demo. I just put fileman.cgi in the spot I said it should be rooted when installing GM and put the images where GM thinks they should be.

But I still wonder if fileman is supposed to install with the GM installer? If so why didn't it? If not, why does the installer refer to it?

Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org