Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

incoming.pl stopped working

Quote Reply
incoming.pl stopped working
Hi

incoming.pl has stopped working and I have not got clue why. Since I set it up and tested it I have not touched it. All I have been doing is designing the templates. I've tried running it from SSH but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] incoming.pl stopped working In reply to
Hi

As of last night everthing has stopped working GM no longer sends or receives mail. I have been unable to find out what the problem is. I can collect my for the POP3 accounts using an external email client, so the POP3 account are working.

No, no, no, no, no. This is not good Mad

I have not been in the admin, I have not used FTP of SSH until I got this problem all I have been doing is using Fileman to save the modifications to the templates.

Can changing the templates do this?

Any way I am going to finish off the other main templates. I'm sure this is only a temporary setback.

Please reply A.S.A.P

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
As of last night everthing has stopped working GM no longer sends or receives mail.

if GM is not receiving mail, have you checked to see if your mail account is still working?

or if that's going, are your cron jobs are still setup? ie. nobody has deleted them?

might pay to say what you've already checked so people can diagnose your problem a bit better.

regan
Quote Reply
What's the output when you run incoming.pl or outgoing.pl with debug on (or using the -v argument)? That should give you more of an explanation on what is going on. If you don't understand the output, you can post it here or email me and I'll take a look (remember to remove your passwords from the output).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] incoming.pl stopped working In reply to
In Reply To:
What's the output when you run incoming.pl or outgoing.pl with debug on (or using the -v argument)? That should give you more of an explanation on what is going on.
Hi

I'd taken most of the day off to clear my head. On my return I found that most of the site was working, but one important function is not. I can't send email.

Here are some cron details.

May 12 23:55:01 host31 CROND[11843]: (loginname) CMD
(/usr/bin/perl /home/loginname/public_html/cgi-
bin/loginname/ba
tch/incoming.pl)
May 13 00:00:00 host31 CROND[12714]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/outgoing.pl)
May 13 00:00:00 host31 CROND[12717]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/incoming.pl)
May 13 00:05:01 host31 CROND[13453]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/incoming.pl)
May 13 00:10:00 host31 CROND[14327]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/incoming.pl)
May 13 00:15:01 host31 CROND[15189]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/outgoing.pl)
May 13 00:15:01 host31 CROND[15192]: (loginname) CMD
bin/loginname/ba
tch/incoming.pl)
May 13 00:20:01 host31 CR

So I know that cron is working.

Regards

Stoosh

P.S Everything except a few features are working fine but I will address those at a later date. I can't thank you enough for all your help to date. It won't be long now before it's all sorted Wink

Last edited by:

Stoosh: May 13, 2002, 4:34 PM