Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

incoming.pl

Quote Reply
incoming.pl
hí,
do i have to run incoming.pl before a user can see his mail in the inbox? i am running the catch all mode and can not srt up a cron job (my provider doesn't allow it) is there a work around? any cgi scripts that could do it?

thanks, joe

Quote Reply
Re: incoming.pl In reply to
Yes, the role of incoming.pl is to check the catchall account, retrieve the mail and distribute it to the Gossamer Mail users. It should be run once every couple minutes.

Since it needs to be automated, there isn't much point making it a .cgi script. Users won't see any mail until this is run.

As a work around, you could switch to each user getting his own pop account, however this requires integration with your mail server.

My suggestion would be to find a new host. =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex
Could you elaborate on the "integration with your mail server" bit of your post.
My server is the same as the last poster and won't allow cron jobs, but am in negotiations with them. I'm not holding my breath though.
With the server I am with I have unlimited POP accounts available to me. If they wont set the cron thingy for me is there any way to integrate gossmail and my unlimited email?

I bet this is as clear as mud

Tracy

Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes, but there is no automatic pop box creation/deletion as it is different for every system. It is very easy to add though, and if you can get instructions (perl code/shell commands) to run to create a pop box, delete a pop box, and change a password, then Gossamer Mail could be setup without cron.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.