Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

error upgrading to 2.05

Quote Reply
error upgrading to 2.05

when upgrading i got this error:
Upgrading Gossamer Mail from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 ...
Error: Could not create table session; Reason: Can not open file '/home/httpd/cg
i-bin/bareedna/data/admin/defs/webmail_session.def'. Reason: Permission denied a
t install.cgi line 679

this is not the first time i upgraded but i never had this problem before. what's wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: error upgrading to 2.05 In reply to
Hi,

Hmm, the file should be writeable. As a quick fix, just chmod 666 all the files in the defs directory and then re-run the upgrade.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
now when a user login they have to login everytime they want to read every message.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Send an email to alex@gossamer-threads.com with access to your admin and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
i could not chmod the files to 666 permission denied
and since installion of 2.05 is not complete i'm getting the error i mentioned in my second message
i tried installing 2.04 hoping to fix the proplem but it did not
i'll e-mail u my login info now

Quote Reply
Re: [theguy] error upgrading to 2.05 In reply to
I had the same problem. Turns out the files in that directory somehow belonged to root on my installation and not the user the server was running as or I was logged in as when I last installed the program. Anyway, I changed ownership/permissions of the file and the install ran fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [JKelly] error upgrading to 2.05 In reply to
Hi,
It's a problem for those who don't have root permissions to modify some of those files in G/T 2.05.

Thanks