Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

email attachments a bit cumbersome

Quote Reply
email attachments a bit cumbersome
Hello, I am wondering what can be done to make the handling of email attachments more straight forwards.

I would appreciate some help in modifying the brewt template so the attachments area was labelled "Attachments", and the file icons were a bit more explicit. Even better, how about a button to save attachments to a local directory, including save all?

Also, when a user receives a .jpg attachment and they chose "save as" the resultant file is called "webmail.jpe". It does not seem right that the file extension is altered, and IMO acts to further confuse an already less than intuitive attachment handling process.

Any help appreciated,

Bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] email attachments a bit cumbersome In reply to
In Reply To:
I would appreciate some help in modifying the brewt template so the attachments area was labelled "Attachments", and the file icons were a bit more explicit.
Edit the msgs_body.htm template. Although, I must say the current template code to print out the attachments is quite a mess.

In Reply To:
Even better, how about a button to save attachments to a local directory, including save all?
Not quite possible to do.

In Reply To:
Also, when a user receives a .jpg attachment and they chose "save as" the resultant file is called "webmail.jpe". It does not seem right that the file extension is altered, and IMO acts to further confuse an already less than intuitive attachment handling process.
Yeah, this is something I'm working on now Unsure

Adrian