Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

diff command

Quote Reply
diff command
If I have copied, renamed and modified the simple template set is there some way I can set it up so that the template editor thinks the simple template is the default for my new set. I'd like to be able to run the diff command between my modified simple template and the latest simple template.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] diff command In reply to
In Reply To:
If I have copied, renamed and modified the simple template set is there some way I can set it up so that the template editor thinks the simple template is the default for my new set.

Sorry, but I'm not too sure what you're trying to ask here.

In Reply To:
I'd like to be able to run the diff command between my modified simple template and the latest simple template.

I'm assuming you're talking about the simple template in 2.0.6, since 2.1 didn't come with a simple template. If you're on *nix system, you can use the 'diff' command and do something like:
diff simple simple-original
in the templates directory to get a list of changes between all the files in the directory. Do a diff --help to get a list of options you can use.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] diff command In reply to
Thanks, the latter was what I was looking for. I should have found that myself Blush
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org