Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

best email service

Quote Reply
best email service
I already purchased Gossamer mail and am awaiting the next version. Alex knows that I want to put about 300-500 domains on with the service. I've been looking into everyone.net where the revenue model would be 50% of the banner revenue and they host all the mail.

Alex, anyone, is it better from a cost point of view to setup your own server with Gossamer Mail Pro or go everyone.net route.

If I tried the everyone.net route while waiting for the next version, how hard would it be to transfer everything over to Gossamerhost or my own servers?

I think I may test one of my high traffic domains with everyone.net and see ...

Kevin

Quote Reply
Re: best email service In reply to
Hi,

It really depends on what you want to get out of the program. Lots of people get Gossamer Mail as an add on to a community they are building. It's quite easy to integrate Gossamer Mail into existing user databases making it a seamless addition. Also, having everything under your own control has it's advantadges.

I don't know how easy it would be to switch over though, people would almost definately lose any existing mail.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: best email service In reply to
Hello Alex!
In Reply To:
Lots of people get Gossamer Mail as an add on to a community they are building. It's quite easy to integrate Gossamer Mail into existing user databases making it a seamless addition.
Very surprised to your statement. I found out that I have no possibility to integrate G-Mail into an existing user database (seamless) containing Username + Password as their fields. The moment I point to the default it works perfect.

Nor there is any help nor there is any support statements to my threads.