</head>

<frameset cols="131,*" frameborder="NO" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame name="leftFrame" scrolling="NO" noresize src="nav.htm">
<frame name="mainFrame" src="messages.htm">
</frameset>
<noframes><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

</body></noframes>
</html>

but the other two files, nav.htm and messages.htm do no appear in the frames even though they are in the same directory. Can you tell me where I am going wrong?

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Using Frames In reply to
I'm not sure about the frame html syntax, but it pretty much looks right. The thing you'll want to change is the links to those pages. You'll want them to be parsed by Gossamer Mail, so they should be "webmail.cgi?t=<%t%>;page=nav.htm", etc.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Using Frames In reply to
Thank you for your reply, I have almost finished the main templates. I just have a few more questions.

1. I would like to convert the next and previous links to buttons. Can you tell me how I can do this?

2. How do I convert text links into buttons?

3. The drop down menu next to the Move button says "Unknown Tag: 'folders_select' ". How do I correct this?

4. When I copy a the text/plain test/html info and paste it onto the same page but in another location it does not work, but the original link does. How do I overcome this?

5. Can I get a copy of the new template that you use in the demo please. So that I can learn from this?

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
1. To make normal links Image buttons or <input type="button" ...>, you'll have to use javascript. Something like this:
Code:
<script>document.write('<input type="button" value="next" onclick="javascript:window.location.href=\'<%msgs_next%>\'">')</script><noscript> ... </noscript>

2. Similar to something like the above

3. You need to call <%GMail::Folders::info%> before the folders_* variables are available (see admin/GMail/Folders.pm).

4. Sorry, not sure what you're trying to ask.

5. Send me an email and I'll send you a copy.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Using Frames In reply to
Thank you for your reply. I have sent an email to you. Can you explain what you mean when you say

"3. You need to call <%GMail::Folders::info%> before the folders_* variables are available (see admin/GMail/Folders.pm). "

Regards

Stoosh

Last edited by:

Stoosh: May 1, 2002, 3:03 PM
Quote Reply
You need to include <%GMail::Folders::info%> at the top of the template before the variables are generated.

Adrian