Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Won't check for new email..

Quote Reply
Won't check for new email..
After upgrading to 2.02, GM will no longer bring in any new mail. I chose the option to back up everything when upgrading. Users can still send mail, but not recieve anything...
Please help...

Capt*

Quote Reply
Re: Won't check for new email.. In reply to
I suppose the most obvious reason would be the crontabs aren't running, but upgrading shouldn't affect the crontabs....

Quote Reply
Hi
I am runnning incoming.pl from login.cgi so no crontabs...

Capt*

Quote Reply
Do you get any errors when you run incoming.pl from a shell? I assume you added the call to incoming.pl back into login.cgi when you upgraded, correct?

Regards,
Charlie

Quote Reply
Hello!

I am also running from Login.cgi and have no problems. Just to let you know.

Quote Reply
You know something... I answered my own question... I mentioned above theat when installing 2.02 I backed up everything.. Including the login.cgi
I just added the incoming.pl line to the new login.cgi and guess what... yup everything works great now..

phew.. thought it was something terminal..
Thanks to all

Capt*

Quote Reply
Hi Capt,

Are there instructions on how to run your incoming.cgi script from the login.cgi page anywhere? Or can you post them here?

Cheers,
R.

Quote Reply
Hi ryel01,

This should work for you: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ew=&sb=&vc=1

Regards,
Charlie

Quote Reply
Thanks for that!

R.

Quote Reply
Hello there!

I not only run by the method you have known to run by login.cgi, but also by join.cgi!!! Hence, it simply sorts out emails. Nothing wrong. If it did, the next time it will be faster to sort.

What I do like is that if the incoming.pl sorts out more and more, faster it is by all means and simply is ready to deliver emails to the user.

More the hits on Join.cgi, or Login.cgi runs, the entire sorting has very few in the que and less is the load to be sorted.

Quote Reply
Hmmm..so that line can go into join.cgi too? Great!

The more places this line can go the better it seems...
Thanks

Capt*

Quote Reply
Hello!

Yes, insert the unrecommended Mantra everywhere you like.

By only inserting in to Login.cgi, one has to wait few seconds or more to get the mails appear and reload the page. By inserting to other scripts, it gets sorted out and would be offered in the first instance to any user. If this script is a tiny one would not offer any extra ordinary load to the server, and the loads will reduce.

The Genius gave a Chant that practically every script can sing and its harmless, eventhough not advised, remedy against cronSmile!