Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Will these features be added to GM?

Quote Reply
Will these features be added to GM?
OK, I have had GM for a few months. Its a great script and I am hoping it will get even better. I have below listed a couple of features that I would like to see in future versions of GM and I would like to know if there are any plans to add these and in what time frame they might be added.

* Improved address book with group functionality and maybe some import/export features

* Save e-mail as draft

* Multiple languages selectable by user

* Better statistics in admin

* Backup function!!!! Maybe MySQL only file storage would make backups easier...

* More up sell features!
I would like to have a "package" feature that will allow a user to upgrade their account to a better account. This feature would include PayPal, CC billing and account expiry functions etc.

One script that has implemented what I am talking about is SocketMail ( http://www.creative-dr.com/home/?content=prod_socketmail )! It would be great if GM could have the same features as SocketMail.

* 100% SPAM guarantee, i.e. Refuse mail with addresses that aren't in your address book (great up sell feature)

* SMTP & POP3 server. If GM would use its own servers we could get rid of incoming and outgoing.pl. GM would also be able to handle bounced mail properly!!! GM would have much better control!

Think that's all I can think of for now...

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Surfer2] Will these features be added to GM? In reply to
Hi,

Quote:
* Improved address book with group functionality and maybe some import/export features

* Save e-mail as draft

* Multiple languages selectable by user

* Better statistics in admin

* Backup function!!!! Maybe MySQL only file storage would make backups easier...

* More up sell features!

Besides the above features which are becoming a must these days, additional thing which has been found is the Multi Level Administration. This feature basically would enable a GM subscriber to offer spare domains to third party with all administrative control to them with their domain and SU control by the Licensed copy holder.

Use of Multiple include form the address book would be a added feature request.

Uploading and using stationary would be one more feature. this would for example let me use my Letter Head as stationary for sending emails.....

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Will these features be added to GM? In reply to
Would be nice to have an Official comment from Gossamer Threads as if none of the above features will be added I might have to look at another package.

Thanks
Quote Reply
I would really like to know if there are any plans on implementing a paid plan feature into GM. I think Alex mentioned this before?

I would really like to be able to charge my customers for the "premium" package and it would make it a lot easier if this was built in to GM. I would need account expiry, options to upgrade to premium account, paypal support etc.

Thanks

Cool
Quote Reply
Hi,

We are working on implementing a paypal subscription service as a custom job for a Gossamer Mail site, and once all the bugs are ironed out we will include it in the next release.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.