Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Why could this happen?

Quote Reply
Why could this happen?
Ocassionally, for one account where i have remote pop accounts, i find following behaviour when i click on Check Mail

The window keeps on refreshing repeatedly. It just wouldn't stop. No None of the keys are stuck on keybaord.

The maillog file show login/logut fine.

In this condition, if i just logout and logback in, everything returns to normal. This happens not so frequently but what confuses is why should this happen?

Browser Firefox 1.5

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Why could this happen? In reply to
Which window keeps on refreshing and which template set? In the 3-4 years that I've used the brewt template set (I use it as my daily e-mail client), I haven't ran into any issues like that before.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Why could this happen? In reply to
The Checkmail POP Up window keeps refreshing. As i said, it's not a regular phenomenon. It happens randomly. Last month for example it happened twice.

The logs (mail) on server show continuous login and logout from remote pop. Remote POP are pop accounts on same server as Gossamer Mail. I am trying to find a correlation with certain things if running directory build of GLinks causes the issue .. ie doing a check mail wehn glinks buildall is running .... i know this could sound stupid but just foxed with this.

Template is modified nessa so nothing much there, modified to have a changed header (auth and noauth) and different color scheme. But this has been working for quite a long time.

I know this is confusing but it happens anyway and it's a recent phenomenon where there has been no change on templates, no customizations etc. Since i couldn't really get to any plausible reason, i just posted here.

Thanks
HyTC
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.