Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

What is this ?

Quote Reply
What is this ?
I'm using GM 2.1.1 and when I send a mail message the system displays this:

A fatal error has occured:

GT::Mail::Send (600): SMTP: Local user 'usr_012345@yahoo.com' unknown on host '[undefined]'. Server said: 450 RCPT TO: Relaying not allowed at E:/WebMail/Admin/GT/Mail.pm line 298.

Or this:

GT::Mail::Send (600): SMTP: Local user 'anydir@hotmail.com' unknown on host '[undefined]'. Server said: 450 RCPT TO: Relaying not allowed at E:/WebMail/Admin/GT/Mail.pm line 298.

Crazy

This only when the field "To" contains an address with a diferent domain that the I have configured.

Any sugestion??

Thank's!

Last edited by:

RugalMKing: Aug 12, 2004, 7:27 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RugalMKing] What is this ? In reply to
Your mail server is not setup correctly. It is not allowing Gossamer Mail to send out mail (ie. relay mail). You need to contact your server administrator to allow it to.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] What is this ? In reply to
I'm the server admin... Blush how I can correct the error?

Thank's !! Tongue
Quote Reply
Are you using sendmail to as a MTA?
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] What is this ? In reply to
No, I'm using SMTP.
Quote Reply
Yes, but what smtpd are you running? This is clearly a smtp configuration issue, not a Gossamer Mail issue, so you need to work on fixing your mail server.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Well, I'm using GM only for external POP3 acounts under one domain (Shared POP3 configuration[/url]). So that I ignore this information. I only know the name of SMTP server, like that... smtp.server.net

Can you help me?

Thank's!
Quote Reply
That problem is that your smtp server is not allowing the server that Gossamer Mail is installed on (they may be the same server) to send mail through it. You need to fix the configuration to allow this and this configuration is different depending on the mail server you are running.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Aug 13, 2004, 6:17 PM
Quote Reply
Okey, I solved the problem.

Thank's!!