Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Using globals in email templates

Quote Reply
Using globals in email templates
I've asked this question before. I wonder if one of the GT guys could answer this for me.

I have created some global variables that I then put into my email templates as tags. I see that the email templates will parse some tags, but they don't seem to want to parse these. I get "Unknown Tag: 'tagname'" errors.

Is this supposed to work?

If not, is there a work around for it?

It seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I haven't been able to figure it out and am loath the hack the scripts myself. I think it would be an excellent addition for domain dependent customization of admin emails.

Also, it would be particularly nice to be able to customize the email footer based on the domain being used. This seems like it should be a standard feature in a multi-domain environment.

Thanks!

Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: Using globals in email templates In reply to
Hi,

No, they don't get parsed with globals. We will be moving the emails to be per template set in the next release and make sure they get parsed in the same way.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Using globals in email templates In reply to
Hello!

For instance in the next release 2.0.1 the title tag does not get parsed in validated, bounce and welcome eml.

Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Using globals in email templates In reply to
Did this get fixed for welcome.eml? All the other .eml files seem to get parsed okay but my welcome message doesn't. I know it's not because of it being html as I changed over the template to test it without html and it didn't get parsed there either... I might have broke something but thought I'd check.