Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Template problem causing internat server error

Quote Reply
Template problem causing internat server error
Hi

I have created most of the templates for GM but there a few templates that are proving a little awkward.

I am using the simple templates as my starting point and am currently designing the folders page. Everything is in place except one button (the add folder button)

If I move the button up the page beyond a certain point then click on edit and try to edit at setting then it causes an internal server error. Below that point all the buttons work fine.

All I'm trying to do is move all the buttons to the top of the page.

Can anyone tell me why I am having this problem and how I can correct it.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Template problem causing internat server error In reply to
I'm kind of confused on what exactly is wrong. You say that one button is the problem (the Add button), then you say that if you click the edit button it causes an internal server error? Maybe examples of the templates would help in debugging.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Template problem causing internat server error In reply to
Hi

This is what is happening, Here goes.

This I how the page looks now, everthing is fully operational on this page.

Page 1. http://www.lightbrush.freeserve.co.uk/folders1.gif

This is how I what the page to look everything is working on this page too.

Page 2. http://www.lightbrush.freeserve.co.uk/folders2.gif

The only difference between the two pages is the position of the "Add Folder" button.

The problem occurs when you click through to edit a folder.

Page 3. http://www.lightbrush.freeserve.co.uk/folders_edit.gif

If I have clicked through from page 1 (with the button at the buttom of the page). Then when I make changes on page 3 and click edit everthing works fine. However, if I click through from page 2, make changes on page 3, click on edit to confirm the chages then I get an Internal Server Error.

I can move the "Add Folder" button up to below the "Edit" button without any problem, but as soon as I place it in the right location the above happens.

If you require the actual templates I can email them to you.

I hope this details my problem for you.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Template problem causing internat server error In reply to
Hi

I am beginning to get the feeling that I cannot have the "Add Folder" button above the edit options i.e.

<input type=hidden name=do value="folders-add">
<font color="black" face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2">
<input type=submit value="Add Folder">
<input name="folders_name" size=15>

above this

<%if folders_state eq 'edit'%>
<%include folders_edit_include.htm%>
<%endif%>

Is there a way around it?

If that is the case them my attempts to place all the required buttons at the top of the page has been thwarted.

Regards

Stoosh
Quote Reply
Re: [Stoosh] Template problem causing internat server error In reply to
Hmm... that seems really weird that you get an Internal server error when you do that. Could you email me your folders.htm and folders_edit_include.htm templates so I can take a look at them and see why it's giving an internal server error?

I think part of the problem, is keeping all the <form>'s from overlapping as you can't have <form>'s inside of <form>'s. You can remove the extra form that the Add element requires by changing the Add button from:
Code:
<input type="submit" value="Add">
to:
Code:
<input type="submit" name="do=folders-add" value="Add">
Then you can remove the extra <form action="..."><%form hidden%><input type="hidden" name="do" value="folders-add"> that Add needed. Just make sure the Add HTML is inside the <form> tags of the other submit buttons.

Adrian