Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Suggestion Again

Quote Reply
Suggestion Again
I have suggested to allow mail account to download all mail from Hotmail or yahoo mail so they could keep all the old mail they have in new account.

I just have one more thing to add to that. ( but don't know if that is technically possible)

To check for any new email they have in their old account either by having coloum saying you have three mail in your hot mail account and 2 new mail in yahoo...etc
or actually have it downloaded to the new Gm account everytime a new mail in the old account ( Hotmail or yahoo )has arrived.

And one more thing. People tend to have chain mail and header ( where all email address have been sented to ) of the mail tend to be very long and wasting storage space. Is it possible to have a funtion if the mail header > then set amount then the mail header would be deleted. ( Mail header only!! )

And finally, a payment system as plug in or something??
Quote Reply
Re: [iwod] Suggestion Again In reply to
In Reply To:
I have suggested to allow mail account to download all mail from Hotmail or yahoo mail so they could keep all the old mail they have in new account.

That's something we're thinking about adding for a future release.

In Reply To:
People tend to have chain mail and header...

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Jun 17, 2002, 3:37 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Suggestion Again In reply to
when there is a huge chain mail, normally it would have about 100+ mail address added on the top saying where this mail has gone through till you recieve. ( i.e people keep forwarding a mail from friends to friends ) and therefore the mail size start to get large because of the size of mail address that is attach at the top of the mail. Is there a way of removing them automatically??

Also, just aonther suggestion, may be a mutiple email address at the same account??

This is a bit complicated and it may take some time to explain.. Smile

Everybody can register more than one email address in one account ( but they must be david@gmail.com and david@gmailspam.com ). So therefore they could keep one email address as online signning up. ( prevent spam ). And the one account could have more than one inbox page. May be this could be release as a plug in for some more money?? Smile

And this would allow people to have one bisiness mail and one for personal uses only... etc.

Last edited by:

iwod: Jun 18, 2002, 1:59 AM