Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Spamassasin Header Help

Quote Reply
Spamassasin Header Help
i have a gossamer mail installation and the headers of the emails on that server looked as followed:

Message-Id: <GMail.1086805325.290915820.31974875466@somedomain.org>
Delivery-Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:22:09 -0500
Envelope-To: catcher@somedomain.org
Mime-Version: 1.0
X-Gmail-Account: andy@somedomain.org
X-Originating-Ip: 151.123.128.11
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on justice.america.com
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-4.9 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00 autolearn=no version=2.63

Since i moved the site to a new dedicated system, the headers look very different and the spam assassin does not seem to be getting to the emails.
Message-Id: <Somedomain.org.1092023468.23551901.19689404131@somedomain.org>Mime-Version: 1.0X-GMail-Account: andy@somedomain.orgX-Mime-Autoconverted: from quoted-printable to 8bit by lunar.somedomain.org id i793p8JP002358X-Originating-Ip: 98.20.178.38X-Uidl: Ro+"!QId"!A\f"!FKC"!

As you can see the X-Spam header insertions are not being thrown into the mail. Can someone tell me where I can begin to troubleshoot this? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] Spamassasin Header Help In reply to
Are you sure you have SpamAssassin running on the new server? It looks like it's not. To start, get SA running. Once it's running you can tweak your global config to insert the appropriate headers. http://spamassassin.apache.org/

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Spamassasin Header Help In reply to
spam assassin is installed however, im using sendmail to deliver mail to the local users mail account. do i need to have procmail send the mail through spam assassin? How should mail travel through the system? The cpanel used before will not handle mail in any way compared to the way I need to set it up now. How can i setup spam assassin to work along with using sendmail's spam control and still delivery it to the users mail box?

Thanks,
Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] Spamassasin Header Help In reply to
I got it.If anyone is interested let me know. If not i dont have to waste my time explaining something everyone already knows. thanks for your time.

andy