Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Space?
hi,

Just installed GM and I am using the default settings, i.e. 5MB per user.
My problem is that when I signup it says that I have 4.77 MB and not 5MB?!?! What's wrong? The admin says 5MB!!

Also, to specify a domain name when logging in I do login.cgi?domain=xxx.com
How come I can't do the same for the join.cgi page?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [Surfer2] Space? In reply to
It's because space allowed is set to 5000000, which technically isn't 5MB since 1MB = 1048576 bytes. If you want it to say 5MB, then use 5242880 as the space allowed.

You can fix this behaviour modifying join.cgi. In main(), where it says:
Code:
unless($IN->param) {
You can change it to:
Code:
unless($IN->param('do')) {

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 29, 2002, 4:17 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Space? In reply to
Thanks!! That solved the problem!!
How come 1MB is 1048576 bytes??

Another question, I want to be able to select the domain in the HTML tag domain when I type this URL join.cgi?domain=xxx.com, but it doesn't work?? It works with login.cgi! Is this right?

thanks
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
How come 1MB is 1048576 bytes??
Because 1MB is 2^10 = 1048576. That's how computers measure space.

In Reply To:
Another question, I want to be able to select the domain in the HTML tag domain when I type this URL join.cgi?domain=xxx.com, but it doesn't work?? It works with login.cgi! Is this right?

hmm... it should work (it works here). Is the domain in the select list? Can I take a look at your install?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks!

Sure, I am still developing the site, but go to http://www.zapmail.org/user/join.cgi to test. Try doing join.cgi?domain=zapmail.org!!

I am using the new templates!
Smile
Quote Reply
Have you changed any of the code (other than what we discussed earlier in the thread)? If you look at join.cgi, you will see it do some checks before it does the unless($IN->param('do')) condition. When you're doing join.cgi?domain=zapmail.org, do=... isn't set, so it should return GMail::NoAuth->print_page(...). I'm not sure why it's doing what it's doing. I'd have to get ssh or admin.cgi access to take a closer look.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I haven't modified anything except the templates!
I am using GM 2.0.6
The strange thing is that the code isn't producing the "selected" in the select tag! Seem's like somethings wrong with join.cgi as login.cgi works fine!

I just tried your demo of GM and it has the same problem!!! Login.cgi works but not join.cgi!! Looks like a bug!