Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox

Quote Reply
Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox
Hi, when I send mail I get a copy of the sent mail in my INBOX and in the SENT.
I turned off the option to keep a copy in the SENT, but still when I send a mail I ge a copy in my INBOX.
Any advice, I'm quite new still with using GM.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Sabban] Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox In reply to
I think it may be a because of the way your mail server is set up. If you email support with your problem and login access we can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox In reply to
Brewt,
Thank you, I think the problem is solve. I had an account in my name, and it had email access at www.mydomain.com/postoffice. That was before I had the GM installed on my server. For some time I couldn't send or recieve from the new GM mail and thing were going wrong. When I deleted the account login/email for my previous account. The GM has no more problems.
The reason I'm going into details is to let you know if somebody installs GM. He shouldn't have a login account/Email with his server that matchs a name in his GM. I hope I'm making sense here..
Thank anyway and if I have problems I'll let you know.
Quote Reply
Re: [Assem] Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox In reply to
Yes, any system accounts will "ovverride" the catchall account (if you have it setup that way), ie. mail will be delivered to a system account before it goes to the catchall.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox In reply to
Hi Adrian,
Sorry to come back to you with the same problem. When I send a message from my GM account MyName@Egyptdentists.com to Somebody@EgyptDentists.com I get a copy of my message in my InBox. The same happens when I send from Somebody@EgyptDentists.com to MyName@EgyptDentists.com...
In other word if two people using my mail send to each other they recieve a copy back in there InBox.
Can you help?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: [Assem] Sent mail sends a copy to my Inbox In reply to
If you send an email to support with your Gossamer Mail admin login information and system login information, we'll take a look at it for you. My guess is still that it's something to do with your mail server configuration. We should be able to figure out a work around of some sort.

Adrian