Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Safari bug

Quote Reply
Safari bug
I panicked this morning when I logged in as a user to my GMail installation and it kept giving me "expired/invalid session" errors. I tried a couple of different domains and user accounts and all gave the same results. Then I switched to another browser and it worked fine.

I got the errors with the latest beta of Safari. Obviously it has some kind of problem related to sessions and/or cookies. Folks might want to warn users that are using Safari about this problem since they may think it is a problem related to GMail.

I've sent a bug report to Apple outlining the issue.

cheers,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Safari bug In reply to
Did you try it without cookies to see if it worked?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Safari bug In reply to
Well now, that's odd. I took out the no cookies option on my install, but I just tried it with a test account on mywebmail.gossamer-threads.com and it works fine. I don't believe I have modified anything having to do with login on my install other than making the "remember me" option a hidden tag that is always on.

I'll have to do a bit more investigating.
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Safari bug In reply to
I can't figure it out. I can log in fine with every other browser on my installation and even fine on mywebmail.gossamer-threads.com using Safari. I checked my cookies and found the corresponding sid in the session table.

I can log in fine from a fresh login screen. But if I click on anything once logged in in throws me back out to the login screen with "Invalid/Expired Session". The only thing I can think of is that Safari is sending improper headers, but then it should work on GT.

Any ideas on other things to check?
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org