Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Weekend...

Quote Reply
Weekend...
"Gossamer Mail 2: Almost all the bugs are worked out and we will be going live towards the end of next week (thursday or friday). The last beta will be out this weekend."

Isnīt weekend the now gone weekend, or has I misunderstood something ? Smile

Regards,
Are

Quote Reply
Re: Weekend... In reply to
Yes, it's so frustrating to keep hearing "out next week by the latest". I can't remember the number of times this kind of promise has been made. Software development can't be pinned down to the day, so why not just scrap the promises and be more realistic with the information you give us about deadlines? I think the customers would be a lot happier that way.

Regards

Jason

Quote Reply
Alex and his team do a great job with their scripts but I rather would like to be told to wait 6 months and the project some in early that be told 6 weeks and then wait 3 months for the realese to be made. Especially when you need to make decisions based on the information provided. I love gossamer's products wouldn't choose another over it. But when you tell your boss a new idea and need to back it up it makes you look bad when you tell your boss 6 weeks and 3 months later you still haven't delievered. Only a few more days till the final reaslease of gossamer mail time to get a few domains to use :P

Thanks Alex and your team, also everyone on these boards who helps eg. paulwillson, widgets, pugdug and more you know who you are.

Quote Reply
Sorry about this, a number of bugs popped up that we are working on, and server troubles to boot. I'm confident that I'll have new versions of Gossamer Mail and Links SQL out tommorrow.

The final of Gossamer Mail is very, very close.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
new versions of Gossamer Mail and Links SQL out tommorrow
Any good news for Links SQL while GM beta 5 out on schedule?

Quote Reply
Saw it now with great new features.Smile