Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Templates
Come someone tell me where those Non-Frame templates are posted. I had to go with the current version but it does me fine and all I need is non frame templates to edit.

If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks Jason

Quote Reply
Re: Templates In reply to
Hi,

There isn't a set, but it's fairly easy to modify the simple templates into non-frames. Just add a navigation bar (which is by default into the bottom frame) and you are set.

I would not recommend trying it with the default templates.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
If you take out the frames from the simple templates how you create a template that includes all the frames together?

Im familiar with SSI and includes but don't understand how you would do this in the templates. Also all the naviagation is set with the target to another frame.

Quote Reply
sorry forget that messages <%include%> im guessing

Quote Reply
Hi,

If you remove the bottom navigation, in your regular template you can use:

<%include footer.txt%>

where footer.txt contains your common navigation element.

Does this make sense or help? =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
what about the two frames about the navigation?

i see what your getting at. create includes with my own menus then include these includes. then these includes contain the links and we can use the variables as i was just reading to get a non frame version. i understand now :P
Quote Reply
Right, so your msg-compose template which displays the compose message window, would have <%include footer.txt%> which would have links to compose, folders, address book, etc. And alose a link to <%include folders.txt%> which would display the current folders and counts. You simply add these to each template.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.