Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Purging Messages

Quote Reply
Purging Messages
I almost hate to post this during the deluge of "just after release" bug reports, but I think its pretty important. We just went live with a LARGE domain. We have 30,000 active users, and are processing something like 25,000 emails a day. Managing all the data is going to be a problem. Right now, there are only two ways to deal with excess data. 1) purging user accounts entirely and 2) setting the maximum space a users mailbox can use.

I'd like to suggest that the following features be added as soon as is feasible:
- delete all *unread* messages that are more than X days old.
- delete all *read* messages that are not in a folder (or are still in the inbox) and are more than Y days old.
- delete all messages that are in the trash folder and are more than Z days old.

Another feature that would be useful is globally set SPAM filters.

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
Re: Purging Messages In reply to
Hi,

We'll look at putting those in the next update!

In Reply To:
Another feature that would be useful is globally set SPAM filters.
This is already in there. Go to Setup->Spam Filters, and these will happen _before_ the user filters so you can stop spam at the source.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Purging Messages In reply to
Would be nice also to fully purge messages with a given "From address" (or wildcard)...kind of like an "after the fact" SPAM filter. I find that if I select from messages, grouping by "from address"....its obvious that large groups of messages from certain addresses are SPAM...and could be purged at that point by the from address.

Cheers,
-kevin

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
Re: [a6patch] Purging Messages In reply to
Regarding my last posting, I found this one buried deep in this forum. Angelic

I would like to see these features soon, sinse they are critical for an email application like GMail.

Any idea when the next release of GMail will be out?

Mihail

rgrdz,
.\\ike
Quote Reply
Re: [TukBa] Purging Messages In reply to
I am sorry guys,

I've just found the Purge Messages page. Shame on me - I don't know the system that I administrate. Blush

Please disregard my previous posting.

Thanks!

Mihail

rgrdz,
.\\ike