Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Password rejected

Quote Reply
Password rejected
I'm using Outlook Express to access my new Gossamer account. I entered all the information, (ie.

POP Server: gossamermail.com
Username: bhalliday@gossamermail.com
Password: my forum password
Port: 1100 (both in and out going)

When I try to collect mail, the password is rejected. When I login through my browser the password is accepted. I tried changing almost all other options but they weren't causing the problem.

Is Outlook Express the problem?

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Reply
Re: Password rejected In reply to
That is because there is only one POP (with its own user and pass) account that catches all the email; the only way to retrieve your email with Outlook Express would be to access the catchall account as owner of that account, in that case you would be reading all the email of all the users (not a good idea).
I hope I am right
Sincerely
Arturo

Quote Reply
Hi Bill,

Have you signed in yet? You must first sign in to the email by clicking on the email link above or going to:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/gmail-forum/

Once you have done that, then you will be able to access it via Outlook Express.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

In Reply To:
I hope I am right
Fraid not. =) The forum demo is using our POP Server plugin. So while there is only one real pop box, anybody can access their email via a regular mail client like Outlook because our POP server reads Gossamer Mail accounts.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.