Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

OMG!!! It purged them ALL!!!

(Page 2 of 2)
> >

Re: OMG!!! It purged them ALL!!! In reply to
Hi,

Rajani, when you first posted your message, it was not ignored. I looked into the purge functions to see what could have possibly caused this. However, in the past, you have never allowed us access to your system, despite numerous requests to investigate other problems, so I assumed (perhaps wrongly) that I would not be able to investigate on your side what had gone wrong.

We looked through the code carefully, and through previous versions carefully, but did not find anything. Previous history has also shown that you often use MySQLMan to edit the data internals. Our copies all worked fine and did not exhibit any error.

As soon as it was reported again, Pugwash gave us access and we were able to trace through the code to see what happened (which turns out to be a date format bug on some systems), and fix it.

I'm sorry if you feel no one answers your posts, however you are often very rude and abusive to such a degree that I don't feel comfortable answering and arguing on a public forum.

If you are unhappy and would like to discuss further about this, please send me an email at alex@gossamer-threads.com.

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.

Hello Alex!

I am sorry to not not at all share the view you offered.

Where have I been rude in the begining? Look at the thread where I placed the message:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=153867;sb=post_latest_reply;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;

Date Posted:
Aug 18, 2001, 12:48 AM

Did you really think I was joking?

You simply irritated me by your confidence, which came unexpected, by not even offering sympathy and a proffessional courtesy to even say, lets check it further. This you have done without exception with every user.

Nor am I asking for extra-ordinary features nor they are specific to my own needs. They are general issues that triggers to everyday work as an admin. You are not ofcourse obliged to develop them, but when they are problems, I have a list of messages that you have have have neglected and not even cared to react.

I was and am confident that you have been neglecting my messages. Like it happened in the Links SQL Forum. The problems accumulate and becomes a total frustration added by further bugs in the updates togather with the headaches of upgrading.

They are genuine problems. Look at what and how many times I have placed the messages:

Have a look to my unanswered or neglected messages:

Aug 7, 2001, 11:59 AM [BUG 2.0.2] QMAIL PARSE FAIL

Aug 20, 2001, 8:32 AM How to backup mysql database?

Jun 30, 2001, 3:14 AM LOST PASSWORD

Jul 19, 2001, 1:03 AM Search and database Problems

Jun 23, 2001, 12:29 PM [BUGREPORT GMail2.0F] Search results from Admin

Jul 17, 2001, 2:14 AM [BUG 2.0.2] Modify

Jul 17, 2001, 1:11 AM Suggestion

Jul 17, 2001, 12:39 AM validate.eml

Jul 16, 2001, 11:44 PM [BUG 2.0.1] Search form - Admin

Jul 16, 2001, 11:43 PM [BUG 2.0.1 or 2.0.2] &do=search_form

Jun 30, 2001, 4:19 AM [BUG VALIDATE 2.0.1

Jun 29, 2001, 11:33 PM [BUG Database Integrity]

Jun 19, 2001, 2:07 AM [BUGREPORT GMail2.0F]VerifyEmail-Problem of logic!

Jun 28, 2001, 3:13 PM [BUG REPORT 2.0.1] Unknown tag

Jun 29, 2001, 10:39 AM <%title%>

Jun 23, 2001, 1:27 PM when a user sends: How to GET UNDELIVERABLES

Jun 10, 2001, 2:38 PM User ./. Username in the field <> Horror

Jun 21, 2001, 1:07 AM How to integrate Gmail & Links SQL?

Jun 12, 2001, 6:43 AM Bug report 2.0F : Validate.pm

Jun 8, 2001, 3:17 AM Gossamer Mail everywhere!

May 10, 2001, 12:08 AM Links SQL 2.0.x ./. Gmail 2.0.x

There is nothing to hide and also there is nothing private. There is a problem. At the age of 45+ I have learned as to how and when to be polite. And I prefer the forum discussions.

Today, I am not able to use the Links SQL. Why? I cannot import any data, because the manner it is designed, that somehow gets excluded in your developers view.

Nor I can export the data from Links SQL 1.13 out and then import. A real deadlock.

I have placed messages and never ever got a reply. As a user, and not a perl master, what chances do I have to modify or use it differently. It just does not work. Or it just has problems. Its kind of a stalemate.

How shall I get out the links data and convert it into version 2.0??? It does not work. Nor can I export them as it has its own converted catagory numbers inside that I cannot use.

I have placed hundreds of messages to pay attention when Robert Pataki kept on saying that its a custom thing. I never ever found it fair to design it and then to not to pay attention to it. And you neglected all the time.

Now you work with the binary system. How can I get the links from a text format? To get them into a system is a problem. Its the problem of the design that has now in turn resulted into a mega disaster.

Thats builds frustrations.

Did I design the programming Validate page from Validate table that produces 10Megs of a page?

Is it the correct answer, well you saw it and purchased?

Its funny to comment and clap hands. Its easy to to say, you are rude. Did anyone think why? Should there be a reason as to why am I saying this.

Rajani, you are walking a fine line.

Either show some respect and courtesy and allow Alex to system access he neds to help you or stop with the rudeness.....ok???

.......and YES you have been rude as several users have pointed out.

It seems to me after reading this thread that Alex has infact tried to help/contact you on several occassions and you refused him access to your server so stop posting messages claiming that you are being ignored!!!

The problem is simply your stubborn attitude and not the software at all.

So there is a simple solution........LET ALEX HELP.

Hello Paul!

Quote:
The problem is simply your stubborn attitude and not the software at all.

Tell Me all of you what has been wrong here in the message below:

Jun 30, 2001, 3:14 AM LOST PASSWORD

Where have I been rude?

Where have I been stubborn?

My database is having problem.

I was not warned to not to change the system of Password. Nor did most likely Alex thought about it.

Where and how for what reasons does Alex need an access to my system to correct it?

Its a programming problem.

Now that I identified, or became a victim of it, users will not use. So then I am the only one who has the problem. What has GT done till today to solve. Except, well, that your problem. What have you done Paul, except taking the lines of Alex saying "Well, you are the only one!" Yes, I am.

Half of the users have the password question and half not. Was I informed?

That I should not change. Nor can I go back to the old system!!!

Who is stubborn?

And Paul!

Can we come to an agreement that you do not answer my threads, atleast this one Please!

[quote]What has GT done till today to solve. Except, well, that your problem. [/quote]

Rajani you are now lying. Alex has posted publically that he has tried to contact you many times and he would certainly not do that unless he was telling the truth.

As I said let Alex help or STOP with these silly posts.....you said yourself you are 45 but you are really acting like a kid.

I'll gladly not respond anymore. I can see I'm hitting my head against a brick wall.

EMAIL ALEX LIKE HE TOLD YOU TO.

Hi Rajani,

Like I said, a lot of your posts are not answered because of your rude and abusive attitude. However, if you look through the list of posts you reference, all of them were read, most of them that were bugs were fixed.

Please remember that the support forum is to share with our user community, and that if you have a problem that you need fixed, thats what we have our support tracking system in place. Please visit

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/support/

and include access info so we can see what is going on, otherwise we would be guessing.

We are going in circles now, so I'm closing this thread.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
> >