Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Linebreaks for System Wide Footer?

Quote Reply
Linebreaks for System Wide Footer?
Hi,

How can I automatically add line returns (\n\n) before the system wide footer added in the admin area to stop it butting up against the users message/footer file?

At the moment it wraps straight up against the users footer file, unless I physically add spaces etc.

Cheers,
R.

Quote Reply
Re: Linebreaks for System Wide Footer? In reply to
Hi,

Does adding linebreaks to the beginning of your footer file not work?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
This requires a little edit to the script. I asked the same question myself. Can't be bothered to find it for you though, so you'll have to do it yourself :)

Regards

Jason

Quote Reply
Hi Jason,

Yip, I saw your post:

http://gossamer-threads.com/perl/forum/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=GMDisc&Number=148892&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=wickedmoon&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts

but it seemed to be about signatures on the bottom of users emails. I meant the footer text/advertisements that get stuck onto every email that goes out on the system - the one set in the admin area.

Cheers though - that post helped!

Regan.

Quote Reply
I remember now, I fixed this by putting a space first before hitting return in the footer box in admin. Do this twice to get the proper gap between the users message or sig and your footer. If you don't put a space in first GM doesn't recognise the blank line.

Regards

Jason

Quote Reply
Yip, got that working. Thought it would be a good idea to make it happen off the default installation though - somethign which could be fixed up in the next release.

Cheers,
R.