Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Domain list sorting

Quote Reply
Domain list sorting
Is there a way to control the sorting/ordering of the domain list on account signup and login? It doesn't seem to be sorted by either the originally defined order OR an alpha sort.

Cheers

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
Re: Domain list sorting In reply to
At least where are the domains kept on disk? I don't seem to find them in a table anywhere. I can change around a file if they are somewhere in plain sight. We have an main domain that MUST be the default, but I can't figure out how to make it the selected one....without poking around the code, etc.

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
We'll update it so it's sorted alphabetically. We've also updated it so you can call:

<%GMail::domains ('defaultdomain.com')%>

and it will set that as the default. This will be available shortly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Awesome.

Kevin Patch
Anaconda Partners
www.anaconda.net
Quote Reply
Alex,

I've been thinking about this.

Is there a way to call the domain program with a parameter like m (if that's unused) such that that is the default domain shown? If gmail is used on an enterprise system, or in a multi domain situation, it would be nice to have a way to prompt (or even limit) the log on domain to what is shown from that link.

For instance, if you are offering free mail from your Site1 and Site2, you can call the program .../login.cgi?m=site1 to prompt with that domain.

Something even cooler, would be a way to check the referrer, and if the referrer domain is in the known list, prompt with that domain, and if not, prompt with the default domain.

PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ:http://LinkSQL.com/FAQ
Forum:http://LinkSQL.com/forum
Quote Reply
Hi,

You can pass in login.cgi?domain=foo.com and have it pre-select the foo.com domain. It wouldn't be hard to modify it to work off of HTTP_REFERER either.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Are all these little tips in the help files? If not they could be rounded up into a Tips area, as otherwise a lot of this information may pass us by.

Regards

Jason