Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Demographics

Quote Reply
Demographics
I decided to jump in and take a look at the Database->Demographics section...

Upon playing with it a bit the data fields collect information for formatting the collection of that field via a web-form. Groovy! However, the templates have demographic collection done statically. Is this a future feature? or am I missing something?

Also... When I add a dgraph field... and then decide that I made a mistake and delete it it still shows up int he list. I verified that it was removed form the dgraph table.

I tried to Resync Database and the display that returns form the use of that option is correctly updated. However, when I enter the system again and go to Database->Demographics the deleted filed is still listed. Trying to delete it again returns an error from mysql.pm letting you know that it does not exist in the mysql database anymore.

Thanks for your info!

Grady

...I'm only doing what my Rice Crispies told me to.
Quote Reply
Re: Demographics In reply to
Hi,

The demographics form is done statically as most likely it will be difficult/impossible to do one automatically that would be eye-pleasing. You would need to group things together, maybe add extra text, etc, etc. So if you alter your demographics table, you'll need to hand alter the form.

I'll have to look into the editor and why it's behaving strangely.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.