Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

2.0.3 Attachment missing

Quote Reply
2.0.3 Attachment missing
I hope I am not duplicating this problem.
I have strange problem viewing an email which is with attachment, but when I view the email, the attachment is missing. It's working in Outlook Express, so I guess I have to blame Microsoft's crappy code? The attachments is .eml file (saved email from Outlook).

I can give access to my admin or better I might forward it to someone of your developers?

Quote Reply
Re: 2.0.3 Attachment missing In reply to
I'm also having this problem. I got several messages today that had attachments. When I view the message no attachments were at the bottom of the message. When I went to forward the message the attachments were then listed.

I'm also having problems with the MOVE commands not working under a single message or under a list mode.

I'm not sure where these errors came from, since this was not a problem in previous versions. I'm using 2.03 also.

John

Quote Reply
Can you duplicate this behaviour (ie. it does it everytime)?
Would it be possible to forward one of these messages to me (adrian@gossamer-threads.com)?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,
I forwarded you one of the messages. Keep in mind when I select forward it lists the attachments at the bottom, but not at all when simply reading it normaly.

I'm getting many emails and problems concerning an error when users select MOVE, any ideas on this. Its opening a small empty browser window. Not sure why this is happening and this function has stopped working.

Thank you,

John

Quote Reply
About the attachments, we'd have to go in and have a look at it... Can you try reproduce it?

About the moving messages, I had a look, and it turns out we changed the folders_select.htm file recently, and forgot to put in an <%endif%>...

On line ~22 it says:
<%if search_state%>
opener.document.msgs['msgtrack_id'].value = '<%msgtrack_id%>';
opener.document.msgs.submit();
window.close();
}
add an <%endif%>, so it's like:
<%if search_state%>
opener.document.msgs['msgtrack_id'].value = '<%msgtrack_id%>';
<%endif%>
opener.document.msgs.submit();
window.close();
}

That should fix it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hello,
I have added the line and it now lets me select, but when I press move nothing happens and the pop-up window remains.

I will test the attachments to see if I can reproduce it. It seems like another user posted this was a problem also for him. Maybe its specific to the method sent or something?

Thank you again.

John

Quote Reply
Hmm... the popup works here (didn't work before I added that endif). When you view source on the popup, does the HTML look correct? (paste it here if you want me to have a look at it).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi Adrian,
My code was missing, I missed a line of code since I did it too fast. Its working fine now, Thank you.

I sent myself an attachment and it worked fine, not sure why it gave me problems with that user. I'll keep my eye on it in the future. I FWD'ed it to you, maybe you have some idea from the header info, etc.

Thank you again for you help.

John