Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

SpamAssassin

Quote Reply
SpamAssassin
I would like to use GMail with SpamAssassin (http://spamassassin.org/), in order to provide spam-free email. Since I am not yet familiar with the guts of GMail, I have some questions:

1) is it possible to set up an additional system folder (e.g. called "Spam"). By system folder I mean: cannot be deleted, all users have it by default.

2) is it possible to redirect all messages with a certain header (X-Spam-Status: Yes) to this "Spam" folder? This should be system wide.

3) is it possible to let the user decide if he wants have the spam messages delivered to the "Spam" folder, or if he wants to have them deleted straight away.

If this is not possible out of the box, where should I start looking (which modules, which plugin hooks)?

Thanks a lot.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] SpamAssassin In reply to
Thanks a lot for the plugin! Does precisely what I want. I am certain that this makes GMail much more valuable for many users!

I will customize the plugin a bit, namely I want a folder "Junk Mail" created when a user signs up, SpamAssassin turned on by default, and the junk mail moved to the "Junk Mail" folder by default.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Does it install SpamAssassin if you already have it installed? If not, do I need to do anything special to get it to hook into my existing installation?

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] SpamAssassin In reply to
You can just install the plugin, everything will be installed automatically! You have to change one template, and add something to the "state.txt" file, but that's all described in the plugin "About". It's very easy. And it works, I already got my first spam (automatically moved to the "Junk Mail" folder).

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] SpamAssassin In reply to
The SpamAssassin perl modules itself requires some other modules and the installer will check for these and let you know if you don't have them installed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Glad it's working for you. Let me know if you run into any issues with it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi,

Do you have this Plugin avaliable? Yahoo Mail have an exactly functionalities. Its very userful.

Thanks

Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] SpamAssassin In reply to
Hi,

I am still on 2.1.0 as i did not feel like upgrading to the 2.1.1. If spamassasin is installed then what are the changes to be made and to which template(s)? as i have renamed the template sets one for each domain?

Thnx in advance

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] SpamAssassin In reply to
It's all explained in the plugin help.

Adrian