Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

2checkout integration

Quote Reply
2checkout integration
After a user pays it says "your payment has not been processed yet, please try logging in later".

Is there any way to give users instant access, but for their account to be suspended if the payment doesn't finally go through (which it always tends to)?

I didn't realise there would be such a wait. 2checkout confirmed my payment and asked me to click the button to inform my site payment had been made. What am I waiting for now exactly?

Is anyone else using 2checkout to process orders?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] 2checkout integration In reply to
In Reply To:
Is there any way to give users instant access, but for their account to be suspended if the payment doesn't finally go through (which it always tends to)?
No, because we don't know that a payment has failed, and even if we did, many remote payments will retry on a postback failure.

In Reply To:
What am I waiting for now exactly?
The process for a remote payment (PayPal, WorldPay, 2Checkout), is that we send the user to their page with the amount we wish to charge, and they fill out the payment information. The payment provider will then visit our defined postback url (for Gossamer Mail, postback.cgi) and depending on the payment provider will report a different status (valid/success, pending, etc). Until we get a success report, the user's account won't be enabled/renewed.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2checkout integration In reply to
I wonder if there's a problem with my setup somewhere. As far as I know 2checkout cleared the card and gave the confirmation page. Shouldn't the callback have occured with a "success" straight away? It's been a few hours so far and I still can't login as this user.

When you did your tests with 2checkout, did the success callback happen straight away?

Jason
Quote Reply
When setting up the 2co payment method from gmail admin, you enter a "secret word". Where is this word entered into the 2checkout admin?

Jason
Quote Reply
It should attempt to perform the callback when the user clicks continue to go back to Gossamer Mail.

Check your access and errorlogs for access to the postback.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I think it's under the "Shopping Card" => "Cart Details" page. Can't really remember where it was exactly.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I found it under Account Details > Return. There's an "overall passback parameters" section at the bottom of that page, where you can enter the password.

As I understand, this means the transaction goes straight back to gmail, rather than having an intermediary confirmation screen at 2checkout.

I tried a test payment. 2checkout sends me to a gmail page which then refreshes. However, when it refreshes I get a "page cannot be found" error. The URL it is trying to reach is
https://www.2checkout.com/cgi-bin/sbuyers/webmail.cgi?t=brewt

Any ideas? Is this a bug in the gmail code? I think I have all the settings entered correctly, but I'm not being passed back to a page that exists.

Jason
Quote Reply
Make sure the url you specify is a complete url.

Adrian
Quote Reply
How do I do that? This setup was automated by gmail to use 2checkout. I entered all the information requested in admin, what else am I supposed to do? Where do I enter a full URL for example?

Jason