Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Folders Disappearing after edit

Quote Reply
Folders Disappearing after edit
Heya,

On my site when I edit a folder's properties (I tested the Inbox) - for example the sort order of messages or adding the "to" column, then the actual folders in the left panel stop showing after you save it. Crazy

My templates are based on the Nessa template set. After and edit, only the % used graphic remain. N o folders are displayed. Has anyone else seen this? What could cause this?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Folders Disappearing after edit In reply to
I took a look at it and it's a bug in your templates. I have put in a temporary fix in the code, but you'll have to fix your template. The problem is that the folder selection form isn't closed before the edit form is started, so the folder_name is being submitted twice.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Folders Disappearing after edit In reply to
Adrian,

I think this fix was overwritten in a recent upgrade. I fixed the templates this time... how do I correct those instances where people had already done this and their folders has disappeared? Sorry to bring this one back up again...

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
You should fix your template to not submit folders_name twice instead.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
You should fix your template to not submit folders_name twice instead.

I have done that. My question was, what do I need to do to get the folders to show up again for those people who made edits before I fixed the templates?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Ahh, I'm trying to remember what exactly I did to fix it :) Luckily, it's still in mysql's history:
Code:
update webmail_folders set folders_name = replace(folders_name, "\n", "") where folders_name like "\n%";
That's for future reference, though I've already went and fixed this for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
The issue i have found where the folders disappear is when the single quote is used in any folder name. Also in addition to that, dead images will show beside the inbox and or the trash and or the draft folders when any sub folder is created for them. This is because when a sub folder is created it changes the image to be inbox_plus or inbox_minus depending if you have expanded the folder. I am thinking of implementing some javascript to prevent single quotes from being added to folder names either by creating or editing the folder.
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] Folders Disappearing after edit In reply to
Yeah, that's a separate issue that will be fixed in the next release.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hi.

Just checked 0n my install of 2.2.0
Yes single quote make's it disappear, with a js error. Something to do with the dTree.js perhaps. Editing folder properties etc has no impact of the expandable tree display or functioning. Other than that, i do not see any dead images etc no matter what i do , though i must say that i am still with the dTree implementation by Charlie.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Folders Disappearing after edit In reply to
unless the dead image fix was release in 2.2.3 if you create a folder under inbox or sent or drafts or delete a folder to the trash can, there will be a dead image.
Quote Reply
Just as i said, i am still on GM 2.2.0 with the dTree implementation as done originally by Charlie and i have not noticed any broken images issue on creation of subfolders in any folder for that matter. screenshot attached.

Thanks
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 10, 2004, 2:52 AM