Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

2.2.2 - Add Address Global in Admin?

Quote Reply
2.2.2 - Add Address Global in Admin?
i might have missed it somewhere... but how do I add a global email address on the admin side????

regan
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] 2.2.2 - Add Address Global in Admin? In reply to
There isn't a way of doing so. You'll have to create an account for yourself and add yourself as a global address book editor.

How about allowing access to the address book using the admin@localhost account (the one that's used for undeliverables and such)?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] 2.2.2 - Add Address Global in Admin? In reply to
In Reply To:
How about allowing access to the address book using the admin@localhost account (the one that's used for undeliverables and such)?

ok, dumb question for you - how do you log into that account????

that's changed since my version! used to click on undeliverables and see them. can't select the 'localhost' domain to log in with?

regan
Quote Reply
You do the same thing. Click on undeliverables. Or you can list all users, and login as admin@localhost.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
You do the same thing. Click on undeliverables.

problem - when I click on undeliverables it just pops up the login page?

then, how exactly do I log in as admin@localhost? I don't have "localhost" set up as a domain? and if I enter admin@localhost@mydomain.com it just keeps returning an error?

r
Quote Reply
Clicking on the Undeliverables link should give you a page that looks like the regular user page, that's logged in as admin@localhost.

If you aren't, if you send me admin login information, I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
hi adrian

nope, doesn't work in Camino, Internet Explorer or Safari on the Mac - just directs me to the login page.

It does the same thing when I view the list of users and I click on "login" also - just directs me to the login page.

Will msg you the login details.

r
Quote Reply
For future reference, this error was the result of a rewrite rule. Adjusting the user_url fixed the problem.

Adrian