Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

"not validated" vs. "suspended"

Quote Reply
"not validated" vs. "suspended"
Currently, the login script does not differentiate between user accounts that are "not validated" and users that are "suspended".

I would like to make the difference, because I want to set users that have subscribed, but not (yet) paid to "not validated", and users whose account has expired (they have payed, but not yet prolonged for the next period) to "suspended". For this, I would need separate error messages.

Or would it be better to write a global, that fetches the user status and does something accordingly?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] "not validated" vs. "suspended" In reply to
I agree this would be a nice feature to have. I'm about to move into offering some paid features so this option would be great.

r.
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] "not validated" vs. "suspended" In reply to
I just looked at the code and yes, a not-validated or suspended account will get the same error and you won't be able to fix this without a code change. I'll make sure I'll change this behaviour for the next release. If you want to make this change yourself, it's fairly trivial. Take a look at GMail::Auth, and there's a few places where it returns AUTH_DISABLED; if you change it to differentiate between those two statuses, then you can return a different error (as long as you also update the language file for the templates as well).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] "not validated" vs. "suspended" In reply to
In Reply To:
I'll make sure I'll change this behaviour for the next release.

hi brewt,

any chance you'll be able to include it in the upcoming update that Alex mentioned might be out in the next couple of days?

if so that would be coooooooooool.

regan.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] "not validated" vs. "suspended" In reply to
If I get a chance tomorrow, that's what I'll be doing.

Adrian