Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Removing users from database?

Quote Reply
Removing users from database?
I've asked this a few times but never received an answer. I search from admin for a user who
doesn't show up, but I know they're there because I can't sign up using their username. This
started after I had to repair the tables, some users just disappeared from the interface.
Then I checked with MySQLMan and found these missing users. My question is then, if I delete
these users from MySQLMan could this cause problems elsewhere or is it ok?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Removing users from database? In reply to
Anyone?

Jason
Quote Reply
What search criteria are you using? Is the username the
exact name without spaces and mixture of other cases?
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Removing users from database? In reply to
Thanks for the advice, Eliot, but having spent five years building websites, I don't think I need to be reminded to check my spelling. There's a problem with the database and I need to know whether I can delete them from Mysql direct or whether this may cause problems, because I'm not, and am unable, to do it from within Gossamer Mail.

Jason
Quote Reply
I was not being funny nor condescending...Common mistakes I've
made is putting spaces or using different case settings and
with the "whole word" search option, this causes problems.

Anyway...it is not wise to delete them directly from MySQL
since you will also have to delete all their mail files manually.
And any related data that you may store in other tables, you
would have to go into those tables as well...

Best of luck finding a solution....

Regards,

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Removing users from database? In reply to
If they're not appearing from a valid search in Gossamer Mail, what other choice is there but to delete direct from Mysql? We've already run a tool for repairing the database after it corrupted, but that didn't fix this error.

Can a user be removed successfully direct from the database if there is no alternative? If so what files exactly am I to hunt down, will they all be named after that user?

Alternatively, if users aren't coming up in a search, yet they're there in the database, what does this point to? An error that can be fixed easily? What would cause this?

Jason
Quote Reply
Hello!

You may have a look to my message perhaphs on database integrity, most likely, and perhaphs you will find something that I have had similar.

I saw users that did not appear and some users that I could not sign-in because they were there.

The database was somehow not consistent. After this complain Alex designed inconsistency.pl which you will find it in the tools directory of batch.

Readme shows how to work with it.

Alex strongly recommended NOT to use MySQLMan. The database problems are somehow surprising to me. I thought that this needs to me developed ....

Hope it helps. Excuse me if I did not understand your problpem, but I was in a hurry and had a very little look to read all what is being discussed. I however place this message and hope it helps.
Quote Reply
Hello!

You may have a look to my message perhaphs on database integrity, most likely, and perhaphs you will find something that I have had similar.

I saw users that did not appear and some users that I could not sign-in because they were there.

The database was somehow not consistent. After this complain Alex designed inconsistency.pl which you will find it in the tools directory of batch.

Alex strongly recommended NOT to use MySQLMan. The database problems are somehow surprising to me. I thought that this needs to me developed ....

Hope it helps. Excuse me if I did not understand your problpem, but I was in a hurry and had a very little look to read all what is being discussed. I however place this message and hope it helps.
Quote Reply
Hello!

Quote Reply
Hello!

Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] Removing users from database? In reply to
Hello!

Vow! Vow!!!

I tried to post one message and did not know what was happening as the following error appeared:

A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at /home/gossamer-threads/perl/gforum/admin/GForum/Table/Post.pm line 59.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

May be this has been solved, but I am amazed that the message still got posted so many times!!!