Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Can't recieve mail from "yahoo.com"

Quote Reply
Can't recieve mail from "yahoo.com"
Hello all:

Firstly this is not a failure from GMail but maybe somebody here have had the same problem and could help me.

I have sent mail sfrom many other sites and have recieved them on my mailserver/GMailserver without problem. But when I attempt to send mail from "yahoo.com", I get the following failure message:

"Message from yahoo.com.
Unable to deliver message to the following address(es).

<pyc@mybestonline.com>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name. (#4.1.2)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
long."

Can anybody give some idea about a solution. I looked at the GMailForum and the internet but got nowhere. On the internet, these failures where mainly associated with qmail. My Gmailserver is using sendmail-8.12.8.

Thanks for your attention, pcurran
Quote Reply
Re: [pyc] Can't recieve mail from "yahoo.com" In reply to
Hi,

I can't even ping mybestonline.com from console. It says unknown host. if it is newly setup domain, wait for zone records to propagate. If not then possibly have to check yr dns record for the domain.

Anup
Quote Reply
I did a few DNS queries on your domain, and it seems that one of your DNS servers is not working properly. ns1.mybestonline.com is working fine, but ns2.mybestonline.com is not answering for your domain - so 50% of lookups are going to ns2.mybestonline.com, and then getting an error. You need to talk to your ISP about the nameserver configuration, and get them to fix it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Can't recieve mail from "yahoo.com" In reply to
Hello Jagerman & Anup:

Thanks for your responses. I have updated the secondary DNS to match the Primary.
Please try your tests again and I will be around tomorrow waiting for respone on the forum.

Thank you, pcurran
Quote Reply
I'm able to ping it now, and both nameservers look okay. Try your Yahoo mail test again; it should work now.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Can't recieve mail from "yahoo.com" In reply to
Hello Jason:

I'm still not able to mail from yahoo.com could you please send me a mail "pyc@mybestonline.com"
I should maybe send you my dns setup?

Thank you, peter curran
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sent u a mail (not from yahoo) and it is delivered. Sent 2 mails from Yahoo account and the same must have been delivered as it did not bounce back. Confirm if the same has been recd.

Thnx

Anup