Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

folder on left navigation invisible

Quote Reply
folder on left navigation invisible
hello, we have some problems with the folder navigation on the left side. with windows xp the folder links are invisible. if we use mac osx with the safari browser the folders are visible on the same account.

could anybody help us?
best regards
moosbach
Quote Reply
Re: [moosbach] folder on left navigation invisible In reply to
What version are you using? And are there any JavaScript errors/warnings?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] folder on left navigation invisible In reply to
it is version 2.2.4
there are no java warnings on the account.

what could be the mistake?
Quote Reply
With 2.2.4, I believe the problem might be that the folder name has a ' in it. Make sure the folder name doesn't contain that. Otherwise, if you send me admin panel access and which user the problem is occurring with, I can take a look.

Adrian
Quote Reply
now i found out, that the problem is only on the page if i use frames. if the gossamermail is started without the frameset the standard folders are invisible.

but i think, that we need the frameset to integrate the mainnavigation of our website. how could we solve this problem?
Quote Reply
Send me access info and I can take a look at it for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
hello
i send you the infomation.
thanks.
moosbach
Quote Reply
hello adrian,
thanks for helping us. now we checked the mailbox on 5 windows computer of 5 of our clients with xp installed and we got allways the same result. the mailbox folders on the left side are invisible.

what could be the problem? we also checked our java options. they are ok. could you check the mailbox from another computer?
Quote Reply
Re: [moosbach] change to html In reply to
hello adrian,
how could i change the template and what disadvantages will it brings?

moosbach

-----
I tried it on another Windows system and it also worked. An alternative is to just not use the dtree javascript system and just use the static folder listing. You can edit the folders_include.htm template and use the html that's between the noscript tags.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [moosbach] change to html In reply to
If you're using 2.2.4, then just edit the folders_include.htm template, remove the <%include dtree.htm%> and the <noscript> opening and closing tag (leave what's inside the noscript tag).

Adrian