Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

mass mail problem

Quote Reply
mass mail problem
This is GMail version 2.1.0-Upgrade.

From admin, I want to find everyone that hasn't logged in in the last 6 months and send them a message. When I enter the date 6 months ago in the search form to find those users it returns the mass mail page with "This email will go to 94 users". 94 is the total number of users in my installation. The "94 users" part is linked to a list of users, and when I click on it it just lists 25 users, presumably those that really haven't logged in in the last 6 months.

So my question is, how many people are REALLY going to receive my mass mail?
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] mass mail problem In reply to
Also, a preview option on the mass mailer would be nice so that you can see what you are mailing before you actually send it out.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Hello!

Since when did you have the idea to "beleive" the figures produced by the scripts, my friend?

My Gmail says,

- "Oh! There are 0 messages in Total in the inbox and 48 unread messages!"

- "Oh! The user is not Validated but the Last login is a specific date!"

- "Oh! There are XX table inconsistencies!"

-"Oh! The Links SQL llink is not Validated but Modify_date and Date checked is a specific date!"

Wait for a while and enjoy that you have a nice programme, very smart and well designed. Its a "kilometer long jump" the GT guys have made from version 1.x to 2.x, I tell you. So those things are really very minor. I am sure that this piggy little modifications will come as an update some day, and they are not so important anyway.
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, that looks like it's a bug. It is actually going to only 25 (the ones listed from the link). A temporary fix for this (we'll be fixing this in the code) is to modify the admin template email_nav.html in data/admin/templates. You need to change the line with the link:
Code:
<a href="admin.cgi?action=GMail::Admin::SendEmail::search_form">
to:
Code:
<a href="admin.cgi?action=GMail::Admin::SendEmail::search_form;mh=-1">

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] mass mail problem In reply to
Thanks, made the change and it shows the right number of users. But now when I click on the hyperlinked part of "This email will go to xx User(s)" to see the list it is empty.
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Michael, can you email me what URL the "This email will go to ..." links to?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Adrian, did you get the PM I sent last week with the info you requested? Did you figure anything out? I haven't heard anything yet.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Didn't you get my pm back?

Adrian
Quote Reply
Doh! Sorry, I did not see the PMs. Nobody ever sends me PMs so I don't check. Where's the "you've got mail" notice when you need it Blush
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
More on mass mailing...

1) Is it possible to mass mail to user's real addresses? Seems like this has come up before, but I can't seem to find the right combination of search terms to find it. There is little point in warning users that have not logged in in X days/months that their account will be deleted if it just goes to their gmail account!!!

2) The eml templates that you can generate in Admin->Mass Mail don't seem to parse globals. Is this correct or am I just using the wrong globals? If so seems like a major short coming. There's little point in generating templates if you can't include global vars.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Would it be too much to ask that you guys post the solution to this here so we can all benefit?

THanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mama] mass mail problem In reply to
If there is a solution, no one has told me yet.
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Hello,

How can this problem be solved? I need to send a mass mailing for today and I found out the feature did not work properly.Pirate

Thanks a lot,

Narcís
Quote Reply
Re: [narcis] mass mail problem In reply to
I believe it requires a bug fix in the program. Perhaps GT has fixed it in the updated version that was supposed to come out yesterday?
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org