Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient

Quote Reply
Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient
Hello,

Has anyone had this problem? I've tried to send a mail to two GM users both adresses in CCO. However, GMail does not deliever them properly, I got a mail telling me "Could not find a user to deliver the message to".

Is this a bug? Would I have to change something in configuration?

Thanks a lot,

Narcís
Quote Reply
Re: [narcis] Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient In reply to
CCO? What mail server are you using? If they are BCC'ed to the user, without the mail server adding a header to the email saying who the email was delivered to (ie. a Delivered-To header), Gossamer Mail has no way of determining who the email was intended for. qmail adds the Delivered-To header by default, and you can do something similar with sendmail by following the instructions mentioned here:

http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.29

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient In reply to
The sendmail FAQ only outlines how to handled one shared domain. Does anyone know of any modifications to make it work for multiple shared domains?

cheers,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient In reply to
I would think:

@domain1.com domuser+%1
@domain2.com domuser+%1
@domain3.com domuser+%1

would work.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Not delivering mails in undisclosed recipient In reply to
Thanks Alex. I guess I don't fully understand how it works. The FAQ example says you have to define

Code:
DOMAIN=somedomain.com

in the script. Is there some way I can make that flexible so it reads the domain from the incoming request? Or should I be using a separate procmailrc file for each of the domains?
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org