Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Message count wrong for junk mail folder

Quote Reply
Message count wrong for junk mail folder
I installed the spamassassin plugin and as suggested I created a folder called "Junk Mail" to filter spam to. I'm not sure if it does it with normal incoming mail, but I have noticed a couple of times that when I check an external account I'll see it download messages which then don't show up in the message counts beside the folder names in the folder list. However when I go to the "Junk Mail" folder the "uncounted" messages will be there flagged as spam.

Not sure if this has to do with checking external mail or is related to something else. The only other thing I can think of is that it is the only folder I have that has a space in the name. Could that cause GMail to incorrectly calculate the number of messages display in the folder list?

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org

Last edited by:

mcoyne: Nov 30, 2002, 12:47 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Message count wrong for junk mail folder In reply to
I've noticed it happen on my install too. I'm using it with external POP3 accounts though. I think it may have to do with POP3 checking because I *think* I've seen it happen before I installed the SpamAssassin plugin. I'll have to do some debugging one of these days.

Adrian