Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

dtree problems

Quote Reply
dtree problems
is there any reason why the dtree will not work in internet explorer but will work in firefox and netscape and any ohter browser?

Also could someone explain what the compiled and local folders functions are, what purposes they serve. I find no documentation on this.
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] dtree problems In reply to
There are no errors shown on the screen, however it completely throws the rest of the template out of wack. And again this is only in internet explorer, of all the browsers I have problems with Internet Explorer is not one of them.
Quote Reply
Perhaps you have some unclosed tags? Post a screenshot, it may help in figuring out what is going on.

compiled directory is where the compiled versions of the templates are stored. These files are parsed versionf of the templates, converted into Perl to improve speed. You can delete files in this directory, but they will be recreated the next time someone accesses the template.

The local folder is where any changes you make to the templates should go. If you put them in the template directory itself, it may be overwritten in an upgrade (only applies to the default template sets).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] dtree problems In reply to
hey brewt, i sent you a pm. thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Is it possible to disable the dtree? Is there anyone out there that would be interested in viewing the source?
Im running 2.2.2

Thanks,
andy
Quote Reply
If it makes any sense, after the page generates and i view the source and copy and paste it into an html file and run it with internet explorer, it loads fine.
Quote Reply
Since it works fine in other browsers, can we rule out the theory that it could be a copiled problem or a js or css dtree file not being in the right directory?
Quote Reply
where is the source that determines the browser. maybe if i just set mozilla to act the same as ie it will work fine.

thanks
Quote Reply
Thread closed.