Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Qmail vs Exim

Quote Reply
Qmail vs Exim
Hi,

I am looking into different panels (Plesk vs Cpanel) to use with Gossamer Mail because Plesk uses Qmail as MTA and Cpanel uses Exim.

Can someone tell me if Qmail is better or Exim? Can you also elaborate please.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for this repost but I posted my last post at the wrong forum. I asked mod to move my post but have not noticed the move. Maybe this forum is not very active so I thought I will post it in the correct forum myself.
Quote Reply
Re: [donwe] Qmail vs Exim In reply to
bump

Hi Adrian,

Since no one has any thoughts on my post so far I thought I'll ask you. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
We prefer qmail, but it sort of depends on how it's configured. I haven't had much experience with exim, so I can't comment on that mail server.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Qmail vs Exim In reply to
Quote:
We prefer qmail, but it sort of depends on how it's configured.
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me how should qmail be configured? Are you familiar with how Plesk configure qmail?
Quote Reply
Well, in terms of Gossamer Mail, as long as it adds in some sort of header (eg. Delivered-To, X-Original-To, etc) for the user who the mail it was intended for (and preferably it doesn't add the catchall address [or adds it as a different header]).

Quote:
Are you familiar with how Plesk configure qmail?
Nope, sorry.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Been running Gossamer-Mail on cPanel server for more than 2 years now (with Exim-Maildir support sicne more than a year). No issues at all.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================