Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

Which files can I delete?

Quote Reply
Which files can I delete?
I want to clear out some unused files. First off, the templates. I've removed 'new' and 'simple' from the templates folder. Left are admin, brewt, common, default, nessa, netscape. I only want to use the nessa template set, so what else can I delete in this dir? I know I can delete brewt, but which of the others are required/disposable?

Also, in data/users/ there are a number of domains I no longer use (they've been removed from gmail and no users exist with these domains). But the directories for the domains are still there. Can these be deleted, and whatever contents there may be, without any ill effects?

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] Which files can I delete? In reply to
The common template directory is also needed. You can delete the brewt directory, but it'll be created again on upgrade. I'm not sure why you have an admin template in the user side templates directory.

You can delete the old domain directories in data/users without any problems.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Which files can I delete? In reply to
I've changed the default template set to nessa, but I notice there are hundreds of users with their accounts still set to brewt. I can't find an option to update all users accounts to nessa. Is there a way to do this from the command line??

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Which files can I delete? In reply to
Just to confirm, the contents of data/templates/default/ can be deleted too? (It's full of templates).

Jason
Quote Reply
If it can't find the template set, it should revert to the default, so you shouldn't need to do that.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Yes. The 'default' template set is from the 2.0.6 days.

Adrian