Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Mail : Discussion :

URGENT (installation question)

Quote Reply
URGENT (installation question)
Hello,

I'm installing GMail from my browser now and every thing is going good except that I have reached the (Gossamer Mail Setup - SQL Information)

and don't know what to fill in the (Table Prefix) field?

as default it's (webmail_)

Please help ?I'm waiting infront of this field till I get an answer?

Thanks

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [nas9] URGENT (installation question) In reply to
Prefix is useful if you have multiple programs sharing a single database; this way you won't have conflicting table names. If you're only allowed to have one database, then using this is a good choice. Once you select a prefix, all your table names will be <PREFIX>table_name (eg. webmail_users).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Hello,

I can create as many databases I want on my server.

And don't want any other programs to share GMail data base,so should I leave this field blank?

Also I may in the future use the pop and smtp script for my mail,can I if I don't fill in a Table Prefix?

I'm still waiting infront of this field waiting for your reply?

Smile

Thanks,
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
And don't want any other programs to share GMail data base,so should I leave this field blank?
Yes, that's fine.

In Reply To:
Also I may in the future use the pop and smtp script for my mail,can I if I don't fill in a Table Prefix?
Yes, plugins will still work without a prefix being set.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] URGENT (installation question) In reply to
Thanks allot,

My mail program is up now,but I had many permission problems though,what I did was setting all directories and files to 0777 and solved all the problems EXCEPT that my images are not viewable!

I'm sure all the files and directories are 0777 so why the images will not show?

when I try to view the image directly from my browser I get:

500 Internal Server Error,and when I checked my error logs I found the same error for each image which is:

error:Premature end of script headers: /home/myusername/public_html/cgi-bin/images/templates/default/Help.gif

So what is the problem? I checked every thing and things seams to be alright ! Frown

Please help soon,

Quote Reply
You probably have your web server setup so that it treats everything inside cgi-bin as a cgi script. When someone tries to access anything inside cgi-bin, it attempts to execute it. With an image, of course it fails, so it gives the internal server error. Install (or just move) the image directory out of the cgi-bin directory. If you move it, remember to update the path in the admin .

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] URGENT (installation question) In reply to
Thank you very muchSmile

Every think is good now.

Best Regards,